Monday, May 24, 2010

Almost there!!!

You can see that I have made some serious progress since my last update ( a month ago). The poison spyder customs body crusher corners are painted body color and mounted. The Bushwacker fender flares are also mounted. This last weekend I got the rocker guards painted with a nice textured bed liner and mounted to the sides. The rear bumper and gas can mounts are also mounted as well as the LED tail lights are in the works.



Here you can see the rear bumper and LED tail light. I will be putting the reverse lights in next to make it street legal.

Here you can the armor that is protecting the gas tank.


I have been working on alignment and steering this week after work. The track bar is mounted and the front axle is now centered under the vehicle. You can see the heavy duty steering linkage as well as the OME steering stablizer (Yellow). I had an extra one in my garage so Bill got a freebe from me.



I have started to mount the shocks. You can see in this photo that the front axle caster is too far forward ( the bend in the spring) I need to modify the upper control arms to make them a little shorter so that I can adjust the length and correct the caster issue. This is the first time I have ever had a manufacturing issue with Rubicon Express parts. The threads are bottoming out too soon and not providing me with enough adjustment to the short side. I should have this problem corrected by tomorrow.




Here you can see the rocker guards and the nice clean mount between the crusher corners and side rails. You can also see how long the lower control arms are from the front and rear axles to the center section.





The side guards are a little dusty in this picture. The textured bed liner give just the right amount of traction and its cheap enough that after these get scratched up you can just buy a new can and shoot over the top without worrying about perfect paint.



This is a nice shot of the rear triangulated four link rear end. I still need to cut off the lower shock mounts and weld on the new ones. I will get the CV driveshaft mounted in the next few days. I will get the new muffler welded into place this comming weekend. Then I will use this long weekend to start on the Gen-Right roll cage. Thats all for now. Sorry I have not been updating for the past few weeks. I guess Im a better mechanic (and fisherman) than a blogger. See ya later and thank you for the best weekend I have had in the past two years. It was nice not to have to think about the economy, government or markets for a few days. :)
Drew out....

No comments:

Post a Comment