Thursday, February 18, 2010

3rd Delivery

AEM Brute force cold air intake. These make nice power and have a great sound.


Rubicon Express Constant Velocity (CV) Driveshaft. This is an absolute requirement for any lift over 4" in my opinion. Without a SYE kit and a CV driveshaft you are guaranteed to have vibration on a lifted jeep at highway speed. This is a requirement of mine that cannot be skipped.

New speedometer gear. This gear is selected to compensate for the larger tires and different ring and pinion gears. Basically, this makes sure that your speedometer guage in the rig reads 70 mph when you are going 70 mph. If this little gear is not replaced your speedo will read 60 mph when you are actually going 70 (with 35's and 3.55 gears) We will be running 35's with 4.88 gears and a 38 gear tooth speedo. If you are a real Jeep guy you should recognize that this white gear is a #37 and not a 38. That is because I decided to change the gear sets from 4.56's to 4.88's after I realized how much weight we would be pulling. The #38 is on the way.


Superwinch with sythetic winch line and superwinch fairlead. I know that many of you think I should be using a Warn winch. They are very good (nearly perfect) but this winch went toe to toe with nearly identical performance numbers in the "winches in hell" comparison and this winch is several hundred dollars cheaper. I would put my reputation behind it, and I dont give that away easily.



Everyone knows Optima batteries. I personally use Optima in my rig but this jeep needs a dual battery set up and a cold air conditioning system. This dual set up will provide more power than you can imagine. It is fully selectable, can jump itself if your main battery dies. When you want the ABSOLUTE best, this is it. Bar none.




Power slot brakes and Hawk pads. I use these on my rig. They are awsome and have a long life. You get what you pay for. You wont see these but you will know they are there every time you stop.


Galaxy 929 with PA system, Firestick antenna and Firestick Coax cable. Very nice radio.

1 comment:

  1. hey drew, great blog, im ready to fix up my
    old jeep next. Bryan

    ReplyDelete