Saturday, February 27, 2010

Progress

The strip down has begun. The bad part about stipping down a vehicle is that you have more parts that you need to put someplace. My packing skills are extraordinary.


The first large obstacle I had to overcome today before I began was to remove the wheels from this rig. The dealer did not provide us with a key for the lug nuts so I had to weld on a nut to each security lug on each wheel to remove these little bastards.

I then started to remove the fender and TJ side rails. I also replace the headlights with the new KC units.


This is just a picture for dramatic effect.



Rear bumper before removal.




Rear bumper after removal.



Rear Dana 44 axle and stock fuel tank before removal and rebuild.



This is the big empty hole where the stock fuel tank used to be located. The crossmember at the very top of this picture will be removed prior to the install of the large capacity Gen Right Safari gas tank.


Stock gas tank is out of the way. Today was a solid day of progress. Time for a beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment