Sunday, February 14, 2010

Tons of parts are on the way

I have begun to order the parts for the build this week. I should have begun the teardown this weekend buts its just too cold (from the global warming) I ran into a small problem of overspendig from my bank account. I surpassed my daily spending limit nearly every day this week. Some orders had to be resubmitted. Staci arranged some project managment software for me to track progress and project goals in order to help me meet some internal deadlines. I think sometimes she misses her work as a project manager with her days at GMAC-RFC (before the collapse). I expect to begin taking delivery of shipments this week.

Next weekend should begin the teardown of the stock suspension and the rebuild of the rear axle, locker and ring and pinion setup. I ordered the 33 spline Superior Super 44 Kit with ARB air locker for the rear with 4.88 gears. This is a very heavy duty setup that puts "rubicon" jeep axles to shame. Combine the Super 44 rear with the brand new Dynatrac Pro Rock 44 front with ARB locker and this rig will have one bitchin setup that should hold up to any abuse that is put to it. The Rubicon Express Unlimited 5.5 inch long arm tri-link lift kit (RE7525) is on the way as well. The Rubicon Express remote resevoir shocks are on backorder. The 35x12.50x15 BFGoodrich KM2 tires are also on backorder from the Tire Rack. There are also about 80 to 100 other parts on the way but I want to keep some things a surprise for later posts to this website.

I will give you some hints:
ARB
Superior Axle
Dynatrac
Rubicon Express
Poison Spyder Customs
Gen-Right Offroad
Mastercraft
Superwinch
TrailReady
Garvin Industries
Just to name a few...............

Hey, if I gave you a complete list you might not come back to this website to see how it all turns out this May/June.

also, dont forget that these Blogger sites read from bottom to top.
(the new stuff is first on the page, the older posts are at the bottom of the page)
Since this will be a chronological website you should start reading the bottom post first.

Later,
Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment